'The place where inspiration hits the page running... A sketchbook to fail and reflect on my work and my process'

Sunday 25 September 2011

The Bloody Chamber





ok so it's Sunday, Everyone else is out having roasts and long walks and beach experiences on a warm Sept afternoon and I'm in the studio working on my own work because I want to! what better reason! I'm working on a competition and here are some sketches. I say sketches because I have to scan all the bits in at a higher res at some point. anyway here it is so far... all inspired by Angela Carter and the Bloody Chamber. I finally think I've cracked this one, so I've added the text, as if it would be a cover.

5 comments:

  1. Nice.
    & I haven't read that book for ages !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! I am now inspired to take a look at the Bloody Chamber myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT STUFF!.. ON BOTH COUNTS!..X

    ReplyDelete
  4. What better way to spend a Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! it's the one thing that's driving me at the moment!...can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete