'The place where inspiration hits the page running... A sketchbook to fail and reflect on my work and my process'

Wednesday 29 June 2011




Sooo I stayed late again this evening! I just want all the time in the world to get on and do more but I'm stealing moments around the paid work. I've started thinking about the elements I need to put together for the show to work. One is the book so I'm continuing to think about that and when I get the time working on new images for it... my friend suggested I pace one spread over a few pages so here it is.. this will carry over 2 spreads..x so these are some of the pages with contrasting pages to be added. They don't look particularly amazing here but hoping they'll look better in print!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline, I came across your art through hearing about them at college and I must say they are pretty sensational! I was wondering what kind of media you use to create such seemingly wet strokes such as these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah hello! thanks that's lovely to hear. I use acrylics and ink together but making sure the colours aren't completely blended. So being quite slapdash and free with the strokes.. sometimes not looking. I then scan them in and make things! it's so different to my paid work which is great!...thanks Enoki...come to our show on the 6th Sept! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for getting back to me, you are so inspiring :) Can't wait to get some ink and try this! In the meantime, I've been playing around with a similar watercolour and acrylic combo. Thanks for heads up about the exhibition, marked the date on my calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! sounds exciting!...paint is amazing! thanks and see you soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps I don;t ever expect any comments or for anyone to look really so I miss the comments... so lucky I saw yours! thanks for the nice words x

    ReplyDelete