'The place where inspiration hits the page running... A sketchbook to fail and reflect on my work and my process'

Wednesday 24 June 2009

noodles doodles!



the last couple of days have been taken up by doing doodles..thumbnails...for my next and current book. Noodles Knitting.. here are some images...and some characters. It's really hard compromising on composition and what goes into the spread and sometimes characters too. But somehow we always get a compromise. I like the more simple illustrations with not much background...but they want background...
I'm also currently doing a commission for a client while I'm waiting for feedback on my thumbnails. It's nice to have something else going on and also something different to do... have a rest from a project and go back with new eyes... although I sat down in my chair taking a break for 5 mins this week and fallen asleep!... maybe not such a productive rest! or maybe it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment