'The place where inspiration hits the page running... A sketchbook to fail and reflect on my work and my process'

Wednesday 3 November 2010

some new paintings....and trying to do what comes naturally

Well... I'm trying not to look around and just do what comes naturally for a week or so and see what comes out! I've enjoyed doing these and like the colours...I'm battling between two styles at the moment but maybe they'll come together or one will win the other over? or they could be two bodies of work showing the same thing but in two ways? they could alternate in a book format maybe? the one with the girl is the before I painted over it... the character was putting me off.. Now I look at it I quite like it? oh well! just felt a bit too twee and obvious? I like the ambiguity of the others for the moment!..

At the same time I'm working on my book for Bo...I like these images but not sure on the story yet.. and these would be sketches...

No comments:

Post a Comment