'The place where inspiration hits the page running... A sketchbook to fail and reflect on my work and my process'

Monday 31 May 2010

college work!, hi5 and being inspired!


I've been doing some college work, briefly!...I have to prioritise it this time round as I love it when I get stuck in but never give myself the time to, as I have so much stuff to do before I can! if that makes any sense??? anyway here's some I have done in the last couple of weeks...these were used for the last Truro hi5 show and working on the idea of singles ads!... also a collaboration with my piers under the title recipe....buuut anyway, now the hi5 exhib is out of the way nearly... we take it down on Sat, I can start making more time.. It's Bank holiday Monday today so I took the day off and helped a little with the Victorian Fayre, for the gig club, and then took myself off to Penzance to The Trewidden Studios, where I wandered around and took all the great art in... I was really interested to meet Georgina Houndsome and Alex Higlett as I loved both of their work at the MA show last year!...they were on the MA course I am on now. I bought a book from Alex and wished I could afford a print of Georginas too! I had a look round everywhere and stumbled across Sam Bassetts studio and WOW!...I love his work and you should have a look...google Sam Bassett / artist...his website wasn't working when I tried. Anyway I left there and got back to my car and Because I had earnt some money from the film crew for a couple of paintings I went back to Sam's studio and treated myself to two little paintings of his.. Very chuffed. I love them ... here they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment